Riverside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riverside

meretricious fun

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS MAH FORUM NAO
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm by sockpuppet

» Lenormand links
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm by sockpuppet

» In case of emergency :)
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:21 pm by sockpuppet

» And more welcomes, for Mr. Wrath &c.
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm by stella

» LE BATELEVR - Part two : The three legged table
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:06 pm by sockpuppet

» L ERMITE - VIIII card.
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:47 pm by sockpuppet

» LA ROVE DE FORTVNE
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm by sockpuppet

» LA PAPESSE
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 pm by sockpuppet

» 符號化的猴子
More welcomes... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm by sockpuppet

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum

More welcomes...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stella
Admin
stella

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-07-08

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:22 pm

To Yves Le Marseillais, belatedly since we have already been talking over at the Le Diable thread.
Also secondscarecrow, who I activated last night. Very Happy Tell us about yourself!

Have a look around & make yourselves at home! :rose
Back to top Go down
https://riverside.forumotion.net
Banbha
noob
noob
Banbha

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-10

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:08 am

Hey everybody!

Okays, it's been a while but I'm back! Embarassed

AKA Bantu
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysticwicks.com
stella
Admin
stella

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi! Nice avvie! Mmmmm, barbeque.... pig
Back to top Go down
Banbha
noob
noob
Banbha

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-10

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:59 pm

It's illustrates what I've been feeling lately for sure. *teh burnin' times* Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysticwicks.com
stella
Admin
stella

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Uh-oh. Laughing
:popcorn
Back to top Go down
moira
noob
noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-26

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 am

Hope it's okay I say hi here.

Hi! Very Happy

I love using playing cards for divination. I do have various Tarotdecks lying around, but always tend to grab the playingcards when reading. What is it they say about old habbits? Wink

I also use numerology, and I'm into Chinese Astrology, too. Never got 'round to the Lenormandcards you mention here.

All that being said: this looks like a nice, tiny, relaxed place. I think I like it.

Goodnight to y'all!

Moira
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:32 am

Hi Moira!

Sorry I didn't get over here until just now. Welcome aboard! Did you come here from Kaph's?

I'd love to get some playing card discussion going here!

Are you familiar with Enrique Enriquez? Maybe not, he mostly does Tarot de Marseille. I like his approach, since he encourages you to think and draw on your own knowledge rather than memorize lists of other people's meanings. Anyway, he is going to be posting a three part Cartomantic Digression in a few weeks, it's going to be playing cards. I got a little sneak peek and it's very good.

Not to say that book meanings are all bad. I'd LOVE to get Martello's book, if I can find a copy that doesn't cost $50!

What methods do you like best?
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

PS:
moira wrote:
Hope it's okay I say hi here.

Of course it is. :rose Don't worry too much about where you post things here, it's not that kind of place. We like to keep it loose and comfortable. sunny
Back to top Go down
moira
noob
noob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-26

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 am

Hi Stella!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I couldn't get here sooner, it's a bussy time of year! Carvin' pumpkins, fixin' the kids' Halloweencostumes. Luckely I'm a night-person!

No, I don't come from Kaph's. I was just browsing when I found this place. I'm not into big forums, nothing really personal about'm. And I liked the Mackerel Wink So, I decided to just go for it.

I'm not familiar with Enrique Enriquez, either. Curious on what he's going to post, though!

I've found out that I like my own method best when it comes down to reading the cards. I've got stacks of books about'm. Not Martello's, I must admit. Years ago, I used the books very regular. At one point I had enough: every book says something different. After years of using books, I selected meanings for me, and added some personal ones. If you ask me, reading cards is just another way of communicating with spirit guides. They help me read for other people. That goes for Tarot as well, but Tarot is a bit more colourful, playing cards don't distract me that much.

That's it for today. It's been a long day. I'll try to come back asap, but it's not easy with a teenager in the house that's claming the computer as his. Online gaming....where's the time they used to be happy spending time outdoors?

Goodevening, and if I don't get in before: wishing you a spooky Halloween!

Moira
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:36 pm

moira wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I couldn't get here sooner, it's a bussy time of year! Carvin' pumpkins, fixin' the kids' Halloweencostumes. Luckely I'm a night-person!

Halloween with kids. Fun times. sunny

Quote :

No, I don't come from Kaph's. I was just browsing when I found this place. I'm not into big forums, nothing really personal about'm. And I liked the Mackerel Wink So, I decided to just go for it.

Oh, dear, maybe I should put Our Lady back...! Embarassed

Quote :

I'm not familiar with Enrique Enriquez, either. Curious on what he's going to post, though!

He kind of blows the dust off of things, makes them very clear. He shows you how simple they can be, but not in a dumbed-down way. He just cuts through the complications that people have piled on for no good reason. I like Enrique. Very Happy

Quote :

I've found out that I like my own method best when it comes down to reading the cards. I've got stacks of books about'm. Not Martello's, I must admit. Years ago, I used the books very regular. At one point I had enough: every book says something different. After years of using books, I selected meanings for me, and added some personal ones.

YES! :mittens

Quote :
If you ask me, reading cards is just another way of communicating with spirit guides. They help me read for other people. That goes for Tarot as well, but Tarot is a bit more colourful, playing cards don't distract me that much.

Yeah, they're more direct, they don't give you philosophical or psychological answers, they tell you WHAT'S HAPPENIN' Laughing

Question: How do you see the 7's? There are some things almost everyone agrees on, like the 9 and sometimes 10 of Hearts meaning you'll get your wish, and the 9 of Spades being kind of a wish-killer, even dangerous in combination with some of the other Spades. But there's a lot of variations on the 7's. Generally, improvement or stagnation depending on the suit, but this poem (which I otherwise love) says they're all trouble:
http://www.hedgewytchery.com/cartomancy.html

And...which Tarots do you prefer?

Quote :

That's it for today. It's been a long day. I'll try to come back asap, but it's not easy with a teenager in the house that's claming the computer as his. Online gaming....where's the time they used to be happy spending time outdoors?

Goodevening, and if I don't get in before: wishing you a spooky Halloween!

Same to you! And... the veil is said to be thin! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More welcomes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More welcomes...   More welcomes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More welcomes...
Page 1 of 1