Riverside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riverside

meretricious fun

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS MAH FORUM NAO
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm by sockpuppet

» Lenormand links
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm by sockpuppet

» In case of emergency :)
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:21 pm by sockpuppet

» And more welcomes, for Mr. Wrath &c.
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm by stella

» LE BATELEVR - Part two : The three legged table
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:06 pm by sockpuppet

» L ERMITE - VIIII card.
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:47 pm by sockpuppet

» LA ROVE DE FORTVNE
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm by sockpuppet

» LA PAPESSE
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 pm by sockpuppet

» 符號化的猴子
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm by sockpuppet

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum

LE MAT - A ragged Man ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Empty
PostSubject: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:20 pm

1-LE MAT is an unique card.
Its has no number so hasn t a place related to the others cards.We can t place him before LE BATELEVR not also after LE MONDE.
LE MAT is everywhere or best aside the sequence card.He is not physically here "at all"
2-Is the only figure of the entirely 22 group that goes frankly to "somewhere" /He is really walking (As a Johnnie Walker with his stick ? )
Okay...
-But if he is not here,so where is he going ?
a-To the right: Noblet/ Dodal / Chosson / Conver = Going to the sequence cards.
b-To the left : Vieville (Aside the reversal topic)
3-He is unaware of his fragile situation.A beast is trying to catch his balls and he doesn t noticed it even if that beast ruined his pants.
He has a ragged figure a stick where is tied a bag which has inside / What ?
What need to carry on LE MAT ? / What he need if he is not entirely of this ours physically world ?
-See for example his walking stick,it s has a head a somewhat sleeping head.Tired of the long trip ?
Is LE MAT travelling all around the world endless ? /I said just for me he has no place...
4-The red colour is the one of action.
He has red on the upper of his forehead,on the stick where the bag is tied,on the gland of his penis and on his shoes.
5-He has a very resolute look and he goes straight forward aside the beast attack.
6-His head,his legs and the head on the walking stick have skin colour but both hands and the little beard are as the colour of the base of the card.
-I mean,the colour of the base of the card so something not coloured is not already here physically understand.
-I insist he don t mind the beast attack he goes ahead with resolution aside the environment...
7-Why so,in many decks this card is called LE FOL,or LE FOU ?
Is he really a stupid ? // Or a Mad ?
Back to top Go down
bernice
noob
noob
bernice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:05 pm

"Those whom the Gods love, they first drive mad".

Mad men were often considered 'holy', not entirely of this world.

Bee
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:21 pm

eugim wrote:
1-LE MAT is an unique card.
Its has no number so hasn t a place related to the others cards.We can t place him before LE BATELEVR not also after LE MONDE.
LE MAT is everywhere or best aside the sequence card.He is not physically here "at all"
I think of him as transitional. He is always walking. He has no "address".
Quote :

2-Is the only figure of the entirely 22 group that goes frankly to "somewhere" /He is really walking (As a Johnnie Walker with his stick ? )
Okay...
-But if he is not here,so where is he going ?
a-To the right: Noblet/ Dodal / Chosson / Conver = Going to the sequence cards.
b-To the left : Vieville (Aside the reversal topic)
He doesn't care, I think. He just goes.
Quote :

3-He is unaware of his fragile situation.A beast is trying to catch his balls and he doesn t noticed it even if that beast ruined his pants.
He has a ragged figure a stick where is tied a bag which has inside / What ?

I don't know what was intended by the cardmakers. In a reading, I think of him as having stripped the energy from the preceding card and packed it up. He is taking it to the next card.

The little cat/dog keeps him moving. It could be the tamed ego. Or not.

Quote :

What need to carry on LE MAT ? / What he need if he is not entirely of this ours physically world ?
-See for example his walking stick,it s has a head a somewhat sleeping head.Tired of the long trip ?
Is LE MAT travelling all around the world endless ? /I said just for me he has no place...

I don't think he ever stops.

Quote :

4-The red colour is the one of action.
He has red on the upper of his forehead,on the stick where the bag is tied,on the gland of his penis and on his shoes.
5-He has a very resolute look and he goes straight forward aside the beast attack.
6-His head,his legs and the head on the walking stick have skin colour but both hands and the little beard are as the colour of the base of the card.
-I mean,the colour of the base of the card so something not coloured is not already here physically understand.
-I insist he don t mind the beast attack he goes ahead with resolution aside the environment...
7-Why so,in many decks this card is called LE FOL,or LE FOU ?
Is he really a stupid ? // Or a Mad ?

Sometimes he is just an idiot. Other times he is a kind of sacred tramp.
It's probably all perception here, anyway. IMHO. sunny
Back to top Go down
https://riverside.forumotion.net

PostSubject: LE MAT part 2   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 pm

-First to say I omitted mentioned that the analysis that I prior did it was related exclusively to the deck of Jean Noblet ( Paris-1650 ) as will be for the rest of the others 21 cards ahead.
In fact all my point of view in this forum will be in relation with it.
Save it If I mention another deck then.

1-I said before what carry on LE MAT in his bag.I think is not an irrelevant question because help us to understand who is him`;which is his job if he has one.After all who is him?.
Is a rebel monk who abandoned the habits ? /Is he simply a vagrant ? / A traveller worker carrying on his tools ?

Food ? : I don t think so otherwise the beast would jump toward it finding a best meal than his genitals.
The red stick as red as are his shoes suggest a link between them.I mean he is going somewhere with determination and what is inside the bag is important to him or for his job.
The red stick ends on a point so contrary to Vieville (barely done at the same time and place (Paris - 1650) which ends on a head // Jean Dodal ( 1710-1715)- Nicolas Conver ( 1760) both ending as a spoon.
So that s for me another reason to not link food with the bag.
-Remember that the Jean Noblet is the first entirely (except from 6 to ten of epee )Tarot de Marseille deck known till now.Is the ancestor of the rest as a prototype.

2-I think that beast it is not a dog or cat or whichever one think.
It s for me a depiction of INSTINCT
The energy of Nature expressed in the human being by sex or self protection.Think how many times one of them can t be express well if the other is threatened by real danger.
Is the hidden powerful energy of the Universe so which moves it.And also that energy moves us and we use it to "make" ours life.
Is the Force within us the fire that moves ours existence.
Each creature within the universe has a portion of this energy.

-I know that haven t any historical connection with TdM is only a parallel that you Stella surely heard about it.
In Spain in the Pais Vasco region each July is celebrated the San Fermin fest.
Six bulls are selected leave to run across the streets of Pamplona city.The men holding a rolled newspaper run in front of them keeping a minimal distance from the bulls exactly the lenght of his arm and the rolled news.
I recently sent an e mail to an "encierro web site" asking this questions that I expect they answer me.

1-Which is the origin of the encierro ?
2-Which is it s purpose ?
3-Its somewhat like to feel nearest the contact with the bull as an agent of reminder us of our animals innermost instincts ?
4-Somewhat that thanks to the bull we don t lost our contact with nature on a basic sense ?
5-That s way the man run not far from the bull ?
6-Is somewhat like the bull remind to us our sexual nature as a source of energy to face the reality ?
7-Is somewhat like to evoke the “bull” inside us,as a force of Nature as an ancestral heritage ?

-Well as the beast of our card I think it s trying to "push" us to go ahead...
But LE MAT seems to don t mind about this.He firmly go ahead without need that "push".
More of all he is unaware of the beast or he has not any fear of nothing or someone.He is a secure man.

3-His beard and hands are not coloured.They have the tone of the base of the card.
Suppose you draw that figure with a black pencil and then add colour to everything but the beard and the hands.Then show your work to a children.
What do you think he will ask you ? // Yes. - Why you didn t cloured them ?
And I ask - Why Jean Noblet didn t ? // Simple negligence ? - He didn t mind about this ?
I think it was deliberated.
An element of any card drawn but not coloured is something more of ours inner world than of ours outer world.
Is something "working" here but form ours inside.
So LE MAT drives his life with his hands full of reasons and purposes that has no direct explanation for this ours world.
I m going to go far here...
That s why we will never know where is he going to.We " can not see" his hands so what they are doing or will.
I said before that seems as he is not entirely here...
-With regard to his beard it was an ancient depiction of wisdom.But is a little one a chin one.
I think Noblet suggest that is not a very old man.See his very strong figure his legs his arms and his hands.
BTW his left hand is very bigger that one can figure related with the rest of his body.
Do you think that he needs a walking stick ?
-It is that really a walking stick ? // or looks more like a pagan ritual staff with that head ?

4-Red Colour / A triangle linking the stick which he carry on,the gland of the penis and the shoes.
Determination /Purpose / energy / No fear.

5-I talked about the skin colour before.
His left arm is also naked.I don t think that was the beast.I mean for the height.
A human being may be who attacked him ?
-Another odd thing is the skin colour of the somewhat "extension" of the back of his head.I never found an explanation.
But I have intuitions.Since I said that I will make an strictly iconographic analysis I omitted them.

6-As far as I know Noblet is the only deck along with Jean Dodal deck I know (surely my friend Yves Les Marseilles could correct me here if I m wrong) that has not an space for the non exist number.Simply the bar is not there (Just check Conver as an example)
Well I think once again Noblet remarked here that "he is not of this ours world" but WORKS on it.
For this work he seems to need very few "tools" those ones supposed into his bag and his supposed walking stick.
For me LE MAT is a decided man with determination and he don t mind the rest around him as agents of damage.
He has not fear of evil / he is above " half thoughts" / he dont replay aggression / he has a very strong purpose for his life and simply walk there to "get it".He has courage so he has guts as he shows.
-So for me nothing related to a Fool or Mad person...
Of course and as beautiful pointed my friend Bernice before that attitude will be deny by those who can t "try" live the life for once in theirs lifes facing the truth so they are the first to call him "Fool" or "Idiot".

eugim

Last edited by eugim on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 pm

Hello Bee...
-Very beautiful and full of wisdom that ...

"Those whom the Gods love, they first drive mad".

-It s yours ?

eugim
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:19 pm

-I ve been working with this card named ( so exist ) but unnumbered ( so has not place ) and crossed many few examples decks ( of the few I have at my pen-drive /So not the case of Yves here who have an amazing collection )
and observed that are decks that have a place to put a number ( 1 ) that does not exist (please is not a zero) and others that has not ( 2 ) ,as follows:

1- Jean Pierre Payen ( 1713-18) // Joseph Chafard ( 1747 ) / Nicolas Conver ( 1760 )
2-Jean Noblet ( 1650 ) // Jean Dodal ( 1701-15 ) // François Heri ( 1730 )

-Well just check the dates of the decks please and then tell me if there is is a logical sequence in time and place with the decks that have a bar or place to put a number and those that have not...
One can order this in place and time and have a result but ...

* How the example of the card of the deck of Pierre Madenie of 1709 has a pattern with a bar to put a number as the Jean Pierre Payen of 1713-18 and also as the rest of group 1 ?
-How understand that the example of Pierre Madenie "falls" on the group that has not bar ?
May be I must understand that there is not "historical iconography logical sequence pattern " to follow ahead ? (Ordered in time and place )

a -Jean Noblet ( 1650 ) -Jean Dodal ( 1701-1715 ) - Nicolas Conver (
1760 )
LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Le_mat10

b-Jean Pierre Payen ( 1713-18 )

LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Copia_10

c-Pierre Madenie ( 1709 )

LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Pierre10

¿ ?

confused
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:48 pm

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/valet_de_coupe/e/12823f8caeb6118d63a7ee0c4a0dcdbd
What a rogue deck! Some of it looks very much like a Conver, but La Morte looks angry! The Angel Gabriel has a strange look in his eyes, they look like the eyes on the people in Doonesbury! joker: Juno and Jupiter look like they were done by an entirely different artist, IMHO. Diable has no penis - has it been erased? Look at the six-pointed star on the horse's head!
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/74/67/b3b8142fc6c625b026b9b45d8261ebc7.jpg

Wow.
Back to top Go down
https://riverside.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

-My dearest friend I never talked about Jean Pierre Laurent deck.

(BTW, to correct it my dearest WOMAN friend but here in Argentine it is impossible to understand it ! )

Migue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:47 pm

-Well there is Bee !
* Which is suffering a very hard pain and can not post really bad she is Stella ...
Please send to her if you want a wish message about recover.
She will be happy.She is a Virgo.
So she will never expect it.
Back to top Go down
sockpuppet
ASSMIN
sockpuppet

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:05 pm

IS MY PENIS HANGING OUT?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LE MAT - A ragged Man ?   LE MAT - A ragged Man ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LE MAT - A ragged Man ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riverside :: Cards :: Tarot-
Jump to: