Riverside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riverside

meretricious fun

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS MAH FORUM NAO
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm by sockpuppet

» Lenormand links
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:22 pm by sockpuppet

» In case of emergency :)
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:21 pm by sockpuppet

» And more welcomes, for Mr. Wrath &c.
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm by stella

» LE BATELEVR - Part two : The three legged table
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:06 pm by sockpuppet

» L ERMITE - VIIII card.
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:47 pm by sockpuppet

» LA ROVE DE FORTVNE
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 pm by sockpuppet

» LA PAPESSE
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 pm by sockpuppet

» 符號化的猴子
To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm by sockpuppet

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum

To blog or not to blog?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chanah
Admin
Chanah

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-08

To blog or not to blog? Empty
PostSubject: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Eh, don't worry the three of you who are still reading (actually it's a bit more than that). I'm not giving up blogging, but I have to find a not-offensive way to make money from it - which doesn't mean reading full-time, or plastering it with obnoxious adverts.

But I did throw cards today to see what would happen financially if I kept blogging about Lenormand and oracles instead of switching, and got:

Bouquet Fish Stars

Bouquet - Fish - Stars

Which if you've read my blog, not only means enjoying what you do, but making money in the thousands from it (I had the Fish + Stars come up many, many times before I got my modest windfall).

So we shall see what transpires.
Back to top Go down
http://36cards.wordpress.com
stella
Admin
stella

Number of posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
That's an awesome little spread.

I wonder how it will come about....

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
https://riverside.forumotion.net
Chanah
Admin
Chanah

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:00 am

I think it starts with getting the house clean. Then I gotta move the blog to its own domain (that's already there and the hosting) and do some redesign (ugh). Write some more longer articles, do a promo page for readings, and sell some other stuff people would be interested in non-obnoxiously. I have created a few Silk Naturals lippies addicts - at $4.25 a pop it's hard to go wrong, and she has extremely wearable colours - they even work for me Smile Plus I like the organic, the 1% of sales, not profits, going to charity and another 1% to Terrapass. It's a good company.

I think it'll come down to finding a few more like those that people would genuinely be interested in, cos I refuse to bombard people with mega-advertising or crap. And doing readings.

Or maybe I'll meet that bloke who keeps turning up in the damn cards Smile
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Chanah wrote:
I think it starts with getting the house clean. Then I gotta move the blog to its own domain (that's already there and the hosting) and do some redesign (ugh). Write some more longer articles, do a promo page for readings, and sell some other stuff people would be interested in non-obnoxiously

Hmmmmm...that could work!

Quote :

. I have created a few Silk Naturals lippies addicts - at $4.25 a pop it's hard to go wrong, and she has extremely wearable colours - they even work for me Smile Plus I like the organic, the 1% of sales, not profits, going to charity and another 1% to Terrapass. It's a good company.

I'll get there, too.

It's about $8 a tube for crappy L'Oreal lipstick from the supermarket here - anything cheaper goes on unevenly and I can't afford the expensive stuff. In the summer I can get away with a beeswax chapstick thingy (Burt's Bees) since there's so much sun, but cooler weather is coming one of these days.

Hey, do they do eyeliner, too? I like the smudgy kind. Smile

Quote :
I think it'll come down to finding a few more like those that people would genuinely be interested in, cos I refuse to bombard people with mega-advertising or crap. And doing readings.

LOL, when you go to a website and fifty unclosable pop-ups come up, you KNOW it's a rip-off.
Ethics= :woot

Quote :

Or maybe I'll meet that bloke who keeps turning up in the damn cards Smile

Done any spreads on the where and when? Cool
Back to top Go down
Chanah
Admin
Chanah

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Ooh, do we have eyeliner. Bunches of the cream kind and you can use any of the eye shadows as eye liner.

Plus the mix it yourself foundation so the shade is always right (it's easy), and everything else a girl could ask for Smile

On the when I keep getting 'now, you idiot'. and on the where - he comes to me.

Weird. Well, given my history with readings, maybe not Smile
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:39 am

Chanah wrote:
Ooh, do we have eyeliner. Bunches of the cream kind and you can use any of the eye shadows as eye liner.

Plus the mix it yourself foundation so the shade is always right (it's easy), and everything else a girl could ask for Smile

I don't do foundation because you just sweat so much down here. But I do like using a good shadow for liner! I'll check it out! Probably some time next week.

Quote :

On the when I keep getting 'now, you idiot'. and on the where - he comes to me.

Weird. Well, given my history with readings, maybe not Smile

Romance readings are notoriously tricky. I'm no wizard at them either, but do you miind if I give it a shot over the weekend?
Back to top Go down
Chanah
Admin
Chanah

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Go ahead. In every reading everyone else has done for me, it's not there.

Then again, that $2000 wasn't, either.

Actually, I really am stumped. At this point I'm so bloody ill I'm not sure what I'd do with a romance guy except maybe make him a house slave..hmm...has possibilities Smile

We won't go into Chanah's long sad history and why she'll never get involved with anyone again.

But there's definitely way more to it than that- when I get these repeat-o card sequences all the time it invariably means something's up. It'll be interesting to find out what.
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

As long as you don't have my progressive romantic path, which would probably lead to the 9th circle of hell if I followed it far enough. For me, each one got progressively worse. When I reached "seemingly regular guy who is secretly a crackfiend child diddler" I just decided to drop out. Ack.

I'll play around with the methods over the weekend. Maybe I'll even pull out the old crystal ball. It's been awhile.
Back to top Go down
Chanah
Admin
Chanah

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Ouch, Stella.

Mine die. Too young and violently. Only if I care, though. But I got over the casual sex thing sometime in the late 1970s. Then there have been the friends who've fallen in love with me and I couldn't love them back like that, and I didn't mean to crush their feelings, and some of them say I didn't, but I know they're lying.

As to what I did to men back when I did do the casual thing, best left unsaid. I was in so much pain I decided to share it. Most of that time is a big blur, but there are still a few people around to remind me how horrible I was. And it's true. I do remember that much.

There was a bloke from Texas, once. He was really sweet (I'm not idealising, I do have my eyes open despite it all), and a couple from Florida, so I do reckon there are nice men in the American south. Just may take a bit to find them. And if you want one, I reckon you will find him - that kind of magic, oddly - I do seem to be able to help along for other folks.
Back to top Go down
stella
Admin
stella

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Chanah wrote:

Mine die. Too young and violently. Only if I care, though.
I had a lot of close friends go that way. It does make you wonder. Sad
Quote :

But I got over the casual sex thing sometime in the late 1970s. Then there have been the friends who've fallen in love with me and I couldn't love them back like that, and I didn't mean to crush their feelings, and some of them say I didn't, but I know they're lying.

As to what I did to men back when I did do the casual thing, best left unsaid. I was in so much pain I decided to share it. Most of that time is a big blur, but there are still a few people around to remind me how horrible I was. And it's true. I do remember that much.
The 70's were a weird time. Started kind of 60's and communal,very nice, then degenerated into what I call the "coke ethic" that's been with us ever since. I did some idiot a-hole things, too. I think everything just changed too fast. Nobody really knew how to navigate life, even the more ethical, loyal people just wanted to see how much crap they could put in their bodies and still walk around, because, well, that's just what you did. The rest were obnoxious greedy proto-yuppies grabbing everything in sight because "before long, it's not going to be there." No more social conscience, everybody just kind of blundering in the dark.
Quote :

There was a bloke from Texas, once. He was really sweet (I'm not idealising, I do have my eyes open despite it all), and a couple from Florida, so I do reckon there are nice men in the American south. Just may take a bit to find them. And if you want one, I reckon you will find him - that kind of magic, oddly - I do seem to be able to help along for other folks.

Not really looking, though.
Baggage, y'know. tongue

I'm okay, though. I've got the kids, I've got friends, I've got the dogs. My life is full. There's not enough hours in the day, really. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To blog or not to blog?   To blog or not to blog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To blog or not to blog?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riverside :: Cards :: Oracle Cards-
Jump to: